St Mary's & St Bernard's
Serving the communities of Whifflet and Shawhead in the Diocese of Motherwell
Welcome to the Roman Catholic Parishes of St Mary's & St Bernard's in Coatbridge. Our Parishes are part of the Diocese of Motherwell and are served by our Parish Priest, Father James Travers.
St Mary's Parish was founded in 1874 with our beautiful Church opened in 1893.
In 1973 the Parish of St Bernard's was founded to serve the Shawhead area of Coatbridge with the Church opened in 1974.